👉 Writing Tip #3: Keep it simple
Key points in this video
It's not about the tools. You need a plan to make those tools work.
Good design entails...
- Gathering requirements — Define what targets the result needs to fulfill.
- Coming up with solutions — Pick tools and approaches that can help meet the requirements.
- Assessing the options — Compare the costs and benefits of each approach.
- Adapting as needed — Be ready to change as needs do.
Design doesn’t have to be complicated.
- Prioritise quality of the process, not length.
- Ensure there are good feedback loops.
- Keep it simple; most things can be changed later.
- There’s no one answer!
In this module, we'll come up with a documentation workflow for our case study, Venus, and a few others.